Board of Directors: An elected board that meets monthly to discuss and make decisions on issues pertinent to the organization
Rayjon Advisory Group: Board members, Committee Chairpersons and interested members of the committees and of the Rayjon organization, former Rayjon Board members, Rayjon Haiti Field Director and staff where possible, other consultants invited on an ad hoc basis. Meetings are arranged by the board, usually three times per year.
President: This is a voting position on the Board of Directors. It is akin to an Executive Directors Position.
Trips Committee: The trips committee tracks all official Rayjon trips including group trips and trips made by individuals on behalf of the organization.
- Nursing Cultural Experience – Nursing trips are composed of nurses and non-nurses who travel to the batays in the Dominican Republic and other locations in the Caribbean and Latin America.
- Work Trips – Provide hands-on expertise to development projects in the Caribbean and Latin America.
- Eyeglass Program – Collect glasses from the local community. The glasses are then distributed by teams who take the glasses on trips throughout the Caribbean and Latin America.
- Awareness Trips – One trip goes to Haiti and one goes to the Dominican Republic. Both trips take place in March.
Fund Raising Advisory Committee (FRAC): Working cooperatively with the Board of Directors and using the information provided by the activity coordinators, the FRAC will develop a yearly strategic fund development plan with the goal of meeting the financial needs of Rayjon as advised by the Board.
Membership and Public Engagement Committee: This is the action-branch of Rayjon in Sarnia. It is involved in fundraising, outreach/awareness, and coordinating volunteering for events.
- Fall Fair Committee – Organizes and executes the Rayjon Fall Fair, one of Rayjon’s biggest fundraisers. The Fall Fair takes place in September.
- Starvathon Committee – Organizes and helps to execute a 24-famine for Rayjon. This event is also used as preparation for Awareness trip participants.
- Newsletter – The newsletter highlights recent sand upcoming events in the organization and is published quarterly.
- Website- The website is updated regularly and contains information about events and various committees in Rayjon.
- Volunteer Coordinator- Keeps a list of active volunteers and contacts volunteers to participate in various events.
- Rayjon Youth Committee – A group of young Rayjon members who organize youth-oriented events within the community.
Finance Committee: Oversees the financial aspects of Rayjon Sarnia.
Integrated Rural Community Development Project: The IRCDP committee supports the project in Haiti (RSCH) and maintains ties between the project and the Board of Directors/Rayjon Sarnia.
RSCH, St. Marc, Haiti: Partner organization in Haiti which runs schools, clinics, income generation and women’s empowerment initiatives.
Urban Community Development Project: The UCP committee supports the project in Haiti (Sacred Heart Centre) and maintains ties between the project and the Board of Directors/Rayjon Sarnia.
Sacred Heart Centre, Cap Haitien, Haiti: Partner organization in Haiti which runs nutrition, education, and micro-credit initiatives.