(Photo by Allan Lissner/OCIC)
There is still time to be part of Rayjon’s 3rd Annual Family Curling Event!
Fun event for families & friends—No experience necessary!
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 16th
$ 25 per person (inc. food & prizes) (16 and younger $10).
Event will include on-ice orientation, practice and team play and friendly competition.
Each team will play 8 ends (about 2-1/2 hours of curling total)
- 3:00 – 7:30 pm at Sarnia Golf & Curling Club
Participants will be expected to seek pledges (tax-receiptable) prior to event.
ALL PROCEEDS TO SUPPORT RURAL EDUCATION IN HAITI .
For more information, or to register, please contact John Barnfield (519)337-0338 Email: [email protected]
WHY RAISE FUNDS FOR RURAL EDUCATION IN HAITI?
– If all women completed primary education, there would be an estimated 66% reduction in mothers dying in childbirth, and 15% fewer child deaths, saving 1,089,000 lives globally each year.
– For every year of schooling, an individual’s income increases 10%, Education helps the whole family.
– The “Alpha” Literacy program in the Haut de St. Marc region will equip 65 adults (90% women!) this year with the confidence, knowledge, and skills they need to create positive change in their communities. Educated women become community leaders. We need your support to ensure that students who have started their educational journey will be able to continue through all four levels of classes. In 2019-2020 we hope to provide additional training in business, leadership, and practical skills to help graduates move from basic literacy to lasting employment.
– Rayjon also supports the Pinson School, with over 200 students from preschool to grade 9. In this remote, mountainous area, few children stay in school throughout secondary levels (which begins at Grade 7 in Haiti). We are proud that 52% of students are girls!Education is key to ending poverty.Education is key to ending poverty.
* If you are making a donation to sponsor a particular event participant, please enter their name in the “In honour of” box.
*Monetary donations of $20 or more will receive a tax receipt
Photos by Allan Lissner/OCIC