Trail & Ale – 5/7K Run/Walk for Rayjon
Our 1st ever Trail and Ale event was a huge success! Over 100 participants joined us from across Canada. Everyone enjoyed the great outdoors, exercise, stylin’ T-shirts, and refreshing ale from the Refined Fool.
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE PRIZE WINNERS:
- Best finisher celebration: Courtney Monteith
- Most interesting route: Becky Gilbert (check out that RJ for Rayjon she traced!)
- Best costume: Jackie McLellan
- Best photos: Team Scrivfield & Friends, Irwins
- Most fundraising for Rayjon: Gary Locke ($656.55! Wow!)
- Participant from farthest away: Julie Brett, Edmonton, AB. We also had participants join us from Livington, Texas (2,126 km away), Hamilton, Toronto, London, Petrolia, Bowmanville, Zurich, Camlachie, and Corunna. And Cory Burke completed the run in Richmond, BC, at a distance of 3,902 km away from Sarnia!
- Best hat: Angela Irwin
SPECIAL MENTION TO:
- Ben DeGroot & Brianna Tilban: the first participants to finish the race
- Team Camino Sistas who raised a combined total of $1,143 for Rayjon
- Laine Barnfield: 1st place finisher (female), 5K (21:49)
- Allan Barnfield, fastest time (male), 5K (23:56)
- Carol Burns, 1st place finisher (female), 7K (38:02)
- Larry Luth, 1st place finisher (male), 7K. Larry also completed the race in his authentic Ayiti (Haiti) running shirt!
Special thanks to our friends at the Refined Fool for the refreshing ale and all your support– we couldn’t have #TrailandAle without you. Cheers!
We are still tallying results, but it looks like together we have raised $11,801.22 to support families in Haiti and the Dominican Republic!
We hope to see you next year for #TrailandAle #RunforRayjon