Donated eyeglasses are washed and inspected for flaws by volunteers who also read the lens prescription of the glasses on a regular basis. A Workshop is organized in June to sort and list prescriptions by computer inventory. The glasses are packed by category into storage cartons ready for a trip to our host site.
Donations of eyeglasses can be left at the following locations:
- Grace United Church, 990 Cathcart Blvd., Sarnia, Mon-Fri 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Sacred Heart Roman Catholic Church, 1465 Lecaron Ave, Sarnia, Tues-Fri 8:30 am – 12:30 pm and 2:00 – 4:00 pm
- c/o Mr. Den Shannon, Sarnia, Please phone 519-542-7270, or e-mail [email protected]
- In Focus Eyecare (Dr. Gerry Day & Associates), 1206 Lakeshore Rd., Sarnia, 519-542-3937, Mon-Fri 8:00am – 5:00 pm
- FYidoctors, 1109 Lambton Mall Rd., Sarnia
PLEASE NOTE: We are also in need of non-prescription SUNGLASSES, with polarized lenses, to dispense to patients at our clinics in Haiti, the Caribbean and Latin America. People living in these hot sunny climates experience eyestrain from excessive exposure to sunlight.
If you have sunglasses you would like to donate please drop them off at the FYidoctors office at 1109 Lambton Mall Rd., Sarnia.
Or, contact Bob Topliffe by email at [email protected] Bob will arrange to have the glasses picked up.